At the beginning of this new year and decade, I paused for a moment to reflect on the journey that led my family to Covenant. I challenged myself to think of 20 things that make this place unique. It was not difficult to think of all the reasons I am grateful for this wonderful school.
- Christ is truly preeminent here.
- A sense of community binds us around common goals.
- Academic subjects are rooted in substance.
- A rigorous curriculum prepares students for life beyond the classroom.
- Students are taught to defend and speak about their beliefs.
- Athletics teach discipline while giving students the opportunity to try new things.
- The fine arts are elevated as a way of praising God and recognizing His beauty in all creation.
- Extra-curricular activities appeal to a variety of interests.
- Faculty and staff possess a wide range of education and experience.
- Parents partner with the school and share their time generously.
- Leadership has a vision for the future while preserving the traditions of the past.
- Families give of their resources to create aesthetic learning environments.
- Technology is not used as a substitute for developing relationships among students.
- The Bible is taught.
- There is a focus on growth, healthy struggle, and true learning.
- Students are reading challenging, excellent literature at all grade levels.
- Wisdom is taught and developed.
- Speakers bring pertinent ideas to our school community.
- Each day includes a time to worship and reflect on God.
- Again, Christ preeminent. It’s not just a plaque on the front of the building.
The old hymn says, “Count your blessings, name them one by one. Count your blessings, see what God has done!” As you count yours, I invite you to reflect on how Covenant has positively impacted your family. It has certainly blessed mine! Thanks be to God!
by Amy Davis, Third Grade Teacher